Powershell Ubuntu: With the introduction of Powershell Core, it became an Open Source Cross-platform Task Automation and management framework. It was initially designed for Windows as Windows Powershell. Later, it was made as an Open Source Framework by Microsoft who designed this framework. Powershell is a command-line shell and scripting language which is developed with .NET. As it is an opensource application, it is available for Windows, Linux and as well as for MacOs. In this article, we will see how to install Powershell on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 19.04 and other Ubuntu-based distros, Arch, Fedora, CentOS and more.
- Install Powershell on Ubuntu– Using Terminal
- Install Powershell on Ubuntu– Using GUI
- Remove/Uninstall Powershell from Ubuntu
- Install Powershell on Fedora, Arch, and CentOS
- App Details
- Get in Touch with Us
How to Install Powershell on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 19.04 & More:
The following are the commands to be used to install Powershell on Linux Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based distros such as Linux Mint, Kubuntu, Lubuntu and more.
- The above commands will install Powershell on Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based Distros. Kindly enter system password while prompted to initiate the installation of Powershell on Linux Ubuntu.
- After the installation, it can be launched from All Applications(Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
Install Powershell using Ubuntu Software- Using GUI:
If you don’t want to get into the terminal, then you can install Powershell using Ubuntu Software. This is an alternate way to install Powershell on Ubuntu. If you have Ubuntu 16.04 or Higher versions, then you can install this application using Ubuntu Software.
- Go to All Applications(Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Search and Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol.
- A Search bar will dropdown. Search for Powershell.
- Click on the Application from the list.
- Choose Install.
- Kindly wait as the installation process is going on.
- Once installed, then it can be launched.
Remove Powershell from Linux Ubuntu:
The following command has to be used to remove or uninstall Powershell from Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based Distros.
Install Powershell on Fedora, Arch, and CentOS:
For Arch Linux:
Basic App Details & Requirements:
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on How to Install Powershell on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo and other Ubuntu Based Distros such as Linux Mint and more, also on Fedora, Arch, CentOS. If you have any Query with the above article, then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP. For Instant solutions, Connect to Us through our Forum!!
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page