- Install Rider Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Rider Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch Rider on Ubuntu
- Remove Rider Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Rider Ubuntu
- Get in Touch with us
Install Rider Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Rider Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Rider Ubuntu.
Install Rider Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for Rider. Once you find the app, Click on that.
5. Choose to Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the Rider Ubuntu Application.
Launching Rider Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Rider Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Rider Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “rider” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Rider icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Preconditions before launching Rider:
Before the launch, you will be asked to select whether it is a fresh Rider configuration or choose an existing configuration based on your requirement choose the option.
After that you will be prompted to select the desired theme for the Rider Ubuntu, choose your favorite theme or select the option ” Skip remaining and set default” in order to apply the default settings.
After the theme selection, the JetBrains Rider License Activation window will be prompted. You can activate the product with the license if available or you can try the Free evaluation version for 30 days.
Remove Rider Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Rider Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to complete the removal process of Rider Ubuntu.
Remove Rider using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Rider in the search box.
Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Rider Ubuntu using GUI.
Features of Rider Ubuntu:
- Code analysis and editing can be done.
- Refactorings and most of ReSharper’s are already available in Rider.
- With the help of Rider, you can run and debug unit tests based on NUnit, xUnit.net, or MSTest.
- Rider includes a debugger that works with .NET Framework.
- Navigation and search facility are available.
- The rider is True to its roots, Rider supports a wide array of plugins developed for ReSharper and IntelliJ Platform.
Get in Touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Rider Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit