Scrcpy: Scrcpy Ubuntu application provides display and control of Android devices connected on USB (or over TCP/IP). It does not require any root access and it works on GNU/Linux, Windows and MacOS.
- Install Scrcpy Ubuntu – Using Terminal
- Install this app on Ubuntu – Using GUI
- Launch this app on Ubuntu
- Getting Started with this App on Ubuntu
- Remove Scrcpy from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- How to Install Scrcpy on Fedora, Arch and CentOS
- Features of Scrcpy Ubuntu
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Scrcpy Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Scrcpy Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Scrcpy Ubuntu.
Install Scrcpy Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for Scrcpy Ubuntu. Once you find the app, click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the Scrcpy Ubuntu Application.
Launching Scrcpy Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Scrcpy Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Scrcpy Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “Scrcpy Ubuntu” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the LibreOffice icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Permissions for Scrcpy Ubuntu:
A user can enable or disable the “Access files in your home folder” permission for Scrcpy Ubuntu by clicking on the permissions tab.
Getting Started with Scrcpy on Ubuntu- Clear Steps:
This app does not have any front end and hence it works totally on the back end. When proper commands are executed, this app acts as an emulator and provides the output on the screen. The procedure is very simple. We have a detailed article explaining how to connect and work with Scrcpy app. Kindly Check it out.
Remove Scrcpy Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Scrcpy Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Remove Scrcpy Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Scrcpy Ubuntu in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Scrcpy Ubuntu using GUI.
How to Install Scrcpy App on Linux Fedora, Arch and CentOS Distributions:
Install Scrcpy on Fedora Distributions:
Get Scrcpy Arch Linux:
Install Scrcpy on CentOS:
Features of Scrcpy Ubuntu:
- Multiplatform application.
- Screen mirroring possible.
- Magnification option is an added advantage.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||82.4 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Scrcpy Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. If you looking for one of the Best Android Screen Mirroring app then Scrcpy is one among them In case of any Query please Comment Us.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit Tec Robust