sFTP Client: An sFTP client is a multiplatform software which uses the SFTP protocol to transfer files securely to and from a remote computer. SFTP works over the Secure Shell (SSH) data stream to establish a secure connection. “File Transfer Protocol” is a popular method of transferring files between two remote systems. SFTP, which stands for SSH File Transfer Protocol, or Secure File Transfer Protocol, is a separate protocol packaged with SSH that works in a similar way over a secure connection. sFTP Client is a full-featured FTP/SFTP/FTPIS/FTPES/SSH client with a modern and easy to use interface. sFTP Client uses the most modern libraries and uses the latest technologies, the latest frameworks and the latest modern designs.
- Install sFTP Client on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install sFTP Client on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software – GUI
- Launch sFTP Client on Ubuntu
- Remove sFTP Client from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of sFTP Client
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install sFTP Client on Ubuntu 19.10/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the sFTP Client on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver), Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo), Ubuntu 19.10(Eoan Ermine) and more. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of the sFTP Client.
Once the installation is done, then you can launch the application from Show Applications.
Install sFTP Client on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software – GUI:
This is an alternate method to install the SfTP Client on Ubuntu. We will use Ubuntu Software to install the application. You can either open Ubuntu Software and search for sFTP Client or simply click on the following button to open the installation page on your Ubuntu Software.
Launching sFTP Client on Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the sFTP Client Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching sFTP Client Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “sFTP Client” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the sFTP Client icon so that it will be launched automatically.
sFTP Client Welcome page
sFTP Client Main window
Permissions for sFTP Client :
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions to sFTP Client by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permission available for sFTP:
- Access files in your home folder.
- Play and record sound.
Remove sFTP Client from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the sFTP Client via terminal.
- Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
- Execute the following command on the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of sFTP Client Ubuntu.
Remove sFTP Client using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for sFTP Client in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the sFTP Client GUI.
Features of sFTP Client:
- Sync Connections, cloud services and SSH Terminal (license required).
- Workspaces / Teams (subscription license required).
- Standard FTP, FTP over TLS/SSL (FTPIS / FTPES) and SFTP.
- Debug Connection and Compare Directories.
- Preserve Connection Logs and notes.
- Auto-Updating Local Directory List.
- Directory Status Bar (count files, folders, and size – includes quick action buttons)
- Multiple & Large File Transfers.
- Key File Login for SFTP / SSH Connections.
- Drag & Drop Support and File Editor (Local & Remote)
- Keepalive Connections
- Synchronized Directory Browsing with customized Themes.
- Diagnostic Tools and port forwarding (license required)
- Quick Connect facility.
- Browse, rename or delete Local & Remote Folders by Path
- Create or refresh New File / Directory (Local / Remote)
- Sort and Resize Columns and Multi-Select Files & Folders
- Editor Options: Tabbed Files, Customisation
- Connect to Remote (External) & Local (Internal) FTP / SFTP / SSH servers.
- Search Remote Files / Folders.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||146.9 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
sFTP Client is a full-featured client with a modern and easy to use interface and the article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of sFTP Client from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.10 Disco Dingo and on other Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint and more. In case of any Query please Comment. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more article, Kindly visit our Homepage