Shutter Linux: In this article, we will see How to Install Shutter for Linux using different methods. In general, Shutter Linux is one of the Best Screen capturing tools that will help us to take Screenshots of Whole Window or Selected regions and other Image editing options. Shutter Linux will be an indispensable application and it is more useful Tutorial Creators and Schools and particularly when you have a Query and you have to provide your screenshot to get an answer. There are different methods available to install this Shutter Linux on Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and we will see about them in detail in the following article.
- Install Shutter Linux on Ubuntu Using Terminal
- Download Shutter using Ubuntu Software- GUI Mode
- Getting Started with Shutter on Ubuntu Unity
- Get in Touch with Us
Install Shutter Linux on Ubuntu Unity using Terminal:
Installing Shutter using the Linux Terminal is the easiest way. The following are the commands used to install shutter on Ubuntu.
If you are a beginner then follow our detailed explanation given below with step by step image representations.
- Open Terminal using the Shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- Once the terminal opens, execute the following command and press Enter Key.
- Finally, you have to execute installation command. Kindly enter your Password if you are asked to.
- Now, Shutter Linux is installed on your Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS. You can able to access it by using All Apps –> Shutter.
How to Install Shutter Linux using “Ubuntu Software” of Ubuntu Unity- GUI Mode:
If you feel that you don’t want to get into the terminal things and wish to download and install Shutter Linux using Graphical User Interface(GUI) then this is the most suitable method. Kindly follow the below steps.
- Go to All Applications.
- Open Ubuntu Software Application now.
- Click on the Search Symbol that is available on the Top.
- A search bar will appear. Search for “Shutter”.
- Once you find the app, Choose Install option.
- The Application will start to install now.
- Once the installation is finished then you can access Shutter using Launch option of Ubuntu Software.
Using Shutter on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS:
The shutter is a full featured and a special Screenshot tool because alike other Screenshot tools, Shutter provides a number of features which you won’t get it on other Screenshot capturing tools.
- Take Screenshot of the entire Desktop.
- Take Screenshot of a selected application.
- Specify a region and take a Screenshot of that selected region.
- You can choose whether you can include Cursor on your screenshot or not.
- Run a lot of predefined Plugins using the shortcut Screenshot–>Run a Plugin. There are a lot of Image editing options available in those plugins with which you can define your images with edits such as Barrel Distortion, Polaroid, Sepia, Watermarks, Greyscale and more.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article clearly provides information on How to Download and Install Shutter Linux on Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS using different methods. If you have any Query or if face any difficulty with following the above steps then kindly Comment Us and we will get back to you with a solution ASAP.