Simple Screen Recorder Ubuntu: Simple Screen Recorder (SSR) provides us a fast and efficient way to record your system’s screen. Using SSR you can record an entire screen of your system or only selected area in a rectangular format. It is a snap application and has hotkeys for use to start and stop recording the computer screen. SSR is an application developed by XiaoGuo, Liu. In this article, we will see How to Install Simple Screen Recorder on Latest Ubuntu Distros.
- Install Simple Screen Recorder – Using Terminal
- Install Simple Screen Recorder – Using GUI
- Launch Simple Screen Recorder on Ubuntu
- Remove Simple Screen Recorder from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Simple Screen Recorder
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Simple Screen Recorder (SSR) 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Simple Screen Recorder Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Simple Screen Recorder Ubuntu.
Install Simple Screen Recorder Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for Simple Screen Recorder. Once you find the app, click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the Simple Screen Recorder Ubuntu Application.
Launching Simple Screen Recorder Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Simple Screen Recorder Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Simple Screen Recorder Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “simple screen recorder” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Simple screen recorder icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Permissions for Simple Screen Recorder:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for SSR by clicking on the permissions tab.
“Access files in your home folder“, “Play and record sound” are the two options available in the permissions tab.
Remove Simple Screen Recorder Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Simple Screen Recorder Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Remove Simple Screen Recorder using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Simple Screen Recorder in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Simple Screen Recorder using GUI.
Features of Simple Screen Recorder:
- Despite the name, this program is actually quite complex. It’s ‘simple’ in the sense that it’s easier to use than ffmpeg/avconv or VLC 🙂
- SSR is capable of live streaming of videos.
- SSR supports many different types of codecs like MKV, WebM, MP4 etc
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||90.9 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Simple Screen Recorder 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us.
For more interesting articles, Kindly Visit Tec Robust