Simplenote Ubuntu: Simplenote is a note-taking application with markdown support. Simplenote helps to keep notes, lists, ideas in an easy way. Simplenote is now available for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux, and the web. In addition to cross-platform apps, it can be accessed via most web browsers. Simplenote has an externally accessible API, allowing other clients to be written: macOS Dashboard widget DashNote; nvPY, a cross-platform SimpleNote client; amongst others. Your notes will stay in sync with all of your devices for free. This snap is maintained by the Snapcrafters community and its not necessarily endorsed or officially maintained by the upstream developers.
- Install Simplenote on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Simplenote on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch Simplenote on Ubuntu
- Remove Simplenote from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Simplenote
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Simplenote on Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Simplenote via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Simplenote.
Install Simplenote on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
- Search for Simplenote. Once you find the app, click on that.
- Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can Launch the Simplenote Ubuntu Application.
Launching Simplenote on Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Simplenote Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
A user can log in Simplenote with a WordPress account.
Users without a WordPress account can signup for a new account and continue to login to Simplenote.
Permissions for Simplenote:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for Simplenote by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permissions available for Simplenote:
- Print documents.
- Access files in your home folder.
- Read system mount information and disk quotas.
- Play and record sound.
Remove Simplenote from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Simplenote via terminal.
- Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
- Execute the following command on the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Simplenote.
Remove Simplenote using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Simplenote in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Simplenote GUI.
Features of Simplenote:
- Create, search and organize notes.
- Search box option.
- ‘Pin to Top’ button.
- ‘Look for the tag bar’ option.
- Restore deleted notes with ease.
- Sync to multiple devices.
- Accessible in web browsers.
- Simple and more secure.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||87.1 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Simplenote from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo and on other Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint and more. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!