Spotify Ubuntu: Spotify is a multiplatform web application dedicated for music lovers. A user can play their favorite songs and albums for free on Linux. Spotify streams the tracks that users love instantly, helps to browse the charts or fire up readymade playlists in every genre and mood. Radio plays awesome playlists songs according to a user’s taste. Spotify is available for a free trial, with occasional ads, or a user can go for Premium account and enjoy music non-stop. Spotify is developed and maintained by Swedish media-services provider Spotify Technology S.A. In this article, we will How to Install Spotify on Linux Ubuntu 19.04, 18.04 LTS, and other Ubuntu-based distros such as Linux Mint and more, Fedora, Arch, CentOS and more.
- Install Spotify on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Spotify on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch Spotify on Ubuntu
- Remove Spotify from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Install Spotify on Fedora, Arch, CentOS and more
- Features of Spotify
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Spotify Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Spotify Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Spotify Ubuntu.
Install Spotify Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for Spotify Ubuntu. Once you find the app, click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the Spotify Ubuntu Application.
Launching Spotify Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Spotify Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Spotify Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “Spotify” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Spotify icon so that it will be launched automatically.
A first time user can log in Spotify via facebook account or sign up for a new Spotify account and enjoy the services.
A new user can sign-up for a new Spotify account by filling the details provided in the sign-up page.
Permissions for Spotify:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for Spotify by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permissions available for Spotify:
- Access files in your home folder.
- Read system mount information and disk quotas.
- Play and record sound.
Remove Spotify from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Spotify Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Spotify.
Remove Spotify using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Spotify in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Sticky Notes GUI.
Install Spotify on Linux Fedora, Arch, CentOS, and More:
Spotify for Fedora:
Spotify for Arch Linux:
Spotify for CentOS:
Features of Spotify:
- Play any song, artist, album or playlist instantly.
- Browse hundreds of readymade playlists in every genre and mood.
- Stay on top of the Charts.
- Stream Radio.
- Enjoy podcasts, audiobooks, and videos.
- Discover more music with personalized playlists.
- Download tunes and play offline.
- Listen ad-free.
- Better sound quality than usual.
- Try Premium for free for 30 days, no strings attached.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||189.9 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Spotify Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more interesting article, Kindly visit our Home Page