Sticky Notes: Sticky Notes for Ubuntu is a small, colored piece of paper (often yellow) that can be stuck to almost anything. Sticky Notes enable users to have electronic reminders posted on their screen. It helps users to “Stick” their notes on the desktop so that they can read important information at any time on the screen. Sticky Notes is developed by “Playork” a collection of Some Simple Tools and Games. In this article, we will see How to Install Sticky Notes on Linux Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based Distros using various methods.
- Install Sticky Notes on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Sticky Notes on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch Sticky Notes on Ubuntu
- Remove Sticky Notes from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Sticky Notes
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Sticky Notes Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Sticky Notes Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Sticky Notes.
Install Sticky Notes Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for Sticky Notes Ubuntu. Once you find the app, click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the Sticky Notes Ubuntu Application.
Launching Sticky Notes Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Sticky Notes Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Sticky Notes Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “sticky notes” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Sticky Notes icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Permissions for Sticky Notes:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for Sticky Notes by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permissions available for Sticky Notes:
- Access files in your home folder.
- Play and record sound.
Remove Sticky Notes Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Sticky Notes Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Sticky Notes.
Remove Sticky Notes using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Sticky Notes in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Sticky Notes GUI.
Features of Sticky Notes:
- Free and open source.
- Sync Notes to Dropbox Account.
- Customize Background And Title Bar.
- Editing Options Like Font, Bold, Size, Math Formula, Link, Italic, List, Align, emoji editor.
- Import and export notes from Local drive.
- Touch Mode For Touch Or Pen Devices.
- Add Videos or audios To Note From Local Drive.
- Lock the Note option.
- More safe and secure.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||134.7 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Sticky Notes Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page