Sublime Text: Sublime Text is a development snap turns to be a advanced text editor for code, markup and prose. This snap is maintained by the Snapcrafters community and is not necessarily endorsed or officially maintained by the upstream developers. Sublime Text is available for Mac, Windows and Linux. One license is all you need to use Sublime Text on every computer you own, no matter what operating system it uses.
- Install Sublime Text Ubuntu – Using Terminal
- Install Sublime Text- Using GUI
- Launch Sublime Text on Ubuntu
- Remove Sublime Text from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Sublime Text
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Sublime Text Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Sublime Text Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Sublime Text Ubuntu.
Install Sublime Text Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for Sublime Text Ubuntu. Once you find the app, click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the Sublime Text Ubuntu Application.
Launching Sublime Text Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Sublime Text Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Sublime Text Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “sublime” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Sublime Text icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Remove Sublime Text Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Sublime Text Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Sublime Text Ubuntu.
Remove Sublime Text using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Sublime Text in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Sublime Text GUI.
Features of Sublime Text:
- Sublime Text uses a custom UI toolkit, optimized for speed.
- Split editing and instant project switch.
- Multiple selection edit is possible.
- ‘ Goto Anything ‘ feature to open files with only a few keystrokes, and instantly jump to symbols, lines or words.
- ‘ Goto Definition ‘ feature for a project-wide index for every class.
- The Command Palette holds infrequently used functionality, like sorting, changing the syntax and changing the indentation settings.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||70.8 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Sublime Text Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page