Syncthing for Ubuntu: It is a P2P file synchronization application that can sync files between the local networks and also through the internet for remote networks. It is an opensource application and it is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD, Solaris, and more. The working principle of Syncthing is much similar to Resilio Sync which is also a P2P file synchronization application. The security and safety infrastructure for the data has been built on the application itself. In this article, we will go through steps involved in the installation of Syncthing for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Ubuntu 19.04, Arch, Fedora, OpenSUSE, CentOS, and more.
- How to Install Syncthing on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS– Using Terminal
- Download and Install Syncthing from Official Syncthing
- Remove/Uninstall Syncthing from Linux Ubuntu
- Getting Help menu from Syncthing
- Application Details
- How to install Syncthing on Fedora, Arch, CentOS, & OpenSUSE
- Get in Touch with Us
Install Syncthing on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04:
- We will use the Snappy Package manager to install this application on Linux Ubuntu and other Ubuntu-based Distros. We have used Linux Mint 19.2 Tina to explain the procedure.
- Go to the Terminal using CTRL + ALT + T.
- Execute the following command on the terminal to install Syncthing on Ubuntu.
- Kindly enter your system password when prompted to initiate the installation procedure.
Download and Install Syncthing from their Official Website:
This is an alternate method to get syncthing on your system. The following are the steps involved in the process.
- Go to Official Syncthing.
- Choose your Platform and download your file Accordingly.
- After the Download, you can extract the tar file and start using the Syncthing.
- Extract the download compressed file.
- Finally, execute the application.
- Syncthing will now open on your default web browser.
How to Remove/Uninstall Syncthing from Linux Ubuntu:
Use the following command to uninstall or remove Syncthing from Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Ubuntu 19.04, and other Ubuntu-based Distros.
Gettin Help from Syncthing:
To get the help menu of Syncthing, kindly execute the following command on the terminal
Basic App Details & Requirements
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Install Syncthing on Linux Fedora/ Arch/ CentOS/ OpenSUSE:
Syncthing for Fedora:
Syncthing for Arch Linux:
Syncthing for CentOS:
Syncthing for OpenSUSE:
Get in Touch with Us:
The above article clearly explains the purpose of Syncthing Application on Linux Ubuntu and provides different methods to install Syncthing on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo, Arch, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Debian, and more. If you have any Query with the above article, then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page