Teamviewer for Ubuntu: In this article, we will see How to Download and Install the Latest Teamviewer 14 on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS/16.04 and other Ubuntu based distributions and other Linux Distros such as Fedora, CentOS and RHEL. Teamviewer has come up with the Latest Version 14 which is advanced than its previous version and it is obviously Teamviewer 13. One of the Key points of this Remote Access Software is that it is a Cross-platform software and hence it is also available for other Operating systems such as Windows, Android, Mac, iOS and a lot more.
- What is Teamviewer & Why do we need it?
- Download & Install Teamviewer for Ubuntu 18.04/16.04
- Downloading Teamviewer for other Linux Distributions
- Getting Started with Teamviewer on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
- How to Use Teamviewer on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04
- key Features of using Teamviewer Application
- How to Uninstall Teamviewer from ubuntu
- Updating your Teamviewer to the Latest Version
- Get in Touch with Us
About Teamviewer & Why do we need it?
- Teamviewer, in general, is a Cross-platform Remote Desktop Application that allows users to establish a connection between hosts through a secured channel. With Teamviewer, it is possible to control a Computer from a different location provided proper access is given through a secured channel.
- Apart from Remote access, Teamviewer is also capable of performing File Transfers between computers and if you extend the term remote access, it also includes Desktop Sharing, Web conferencing and more.
- Teamviewer is available for different platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, ChromeOS, Windows app and even Blackberry.
Download and Install Teamviewer for Ubuntu 18.04/16.04:
This software can be downloaded and installed in the Linux Terminal itself. The steps are very easy. Kindly execute the following Commands on the Terminal to install this software of your Linux Distributions.
For Intel Processors:
For AMD Processors:
If you are a beginner and if you are not sure about using the above commands then Kindly follow the detailed steps provided with Images for the quick understanding. The following method is suitable for all Ubuntu Based Distributions such as Linux Mint and more.
- Open the Linux Terminal on Ubuntu using CTRL +ALT +T.
- Once the terminal opens, we will download the deb file of Teamviewer 14 from their official website. The command as follows.
- You will be asked for the confirmation of this downloading process. Kindly press Y and then press Enter key.
- Finally, once the download finishes, we will install the downloaded file using the following command.
- Kindly wait till the installation completes. Once the installation is finished then you can access Teamviewer from All Applications.
Download Teamviewer on Linux Fedora, OpenSUSE, CentOS, and RHEL:
The Official Teamviewer also provides the Teamviewer for the above distros also and hence you can download their rpm packages from Official Teamviewer.
Getting Started with Teamviewer on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS:
- To Launch the Teamviewer on Ubuntu 18 Kindly go to All Applications.
- Locate Team Viewer and Click on that which will start opening the application.
- Teamviewer will be loading for the first time. You have to accept the License Agreement to use the Software.
- Once you accept their Terms and Conditions, Teamviewer will load up completely.
How to Use Teamviewer in Linux Ubuntu Unity:
- Once the Teamviewer application loads up, you can see that there are Three sections.
- From the Left, the first section contains Sign-in options, Remote Control, Chat, and more.
- The middle section contains the information about Your ID and Password. This is ID and Password which you have to share to the partner who is going to remote access your Desktop.
- If you are going to connect and control another partner’s desktop then there comes the right section. In the Partner’s ID, you have to enter the Partner ID.
- By default, Remote control option will be active. Leave it that way and Click Connect.
- Finally, the establishment will complete once you enter the Password that your Partner provides on the Password pop-up.
Features of Teamviewer for Ubuntu:
The following are the advantages or the key points in using Teamviewer application.
- Flawless and easy connect Remote Desktop Access.
- Provides Cross-platform access and that means you can connect from Windows to Mac and Linux to Windows and more.
- You can also connect to your Computer from Mobile. PC to Mobile and Mobile to PC is also possible.
- Teamviewer also provides Flexible file sharing options which makes it more comfortable while using.
- It also supports Remote Printing.
- It can provide Desktop sharing with Higher Resolutions as much as 4K.
How to Remove/Uninstall Teamviewer from Linux Ubuntu:
- You will be asked whether you want to continue the operation, Kindly enter y and press Enter key.
- The above process will Uninstall Teamviewer application from Linux Ubuntu Unity and other Ubuntu Distributions.
Updating Teamviewer on different Platforms:
Updating Teamviewer to the Latest and Stable version is really a Hassle-free operation and we don’t need to put any efforts from our side as for each and every update, Teamviewer application itself will put up a notification when you open the application and will prompt you to update. Just clicking the Update will do the rest of the things.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provided the complete information about the Latest Teamviewer for Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and the installation steps and the download procedures of Teamviewer Linux on other Distributions such as Fedora, OpenSUSE, RHEL, CentOS and more. If you have any Query then kindly Comment Us and we will revert to a solution ASAP.
For more articles, Kindly visit TecRobust