Terminator Linux: In this article, we will see How to Download and Install Terminator Linux on different Linux Distros such as Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.2 LTS and on other Ubuntu-based Distributions and also on Fedora based distributions. Terminator Linux, unlike the name, this application will let you manage Customized Terminal Emulators with which you can perform a lot of operations. All the Linux environment comes with default Terminal Emulator. But, the Terminator Linux comes with several Enhanced features and GUI so that you can access the Shell in a very easy way.
- Why do we need Terminator Emulator
- Key Features of Terminator Emulator
- How to Install Terminator Linux on Ubuntu Unity 18.04.2 LTS– Using Terminal
- Install Terminator on Fedora based Distributions
- Getting Started with Terminator Emulator
- Get in Touch with Us
Why do we need Terminator Linux?
All the Linux Environment comes with a default Emulator(Terminal)through which you can access the Shell. Terminator also does the same job but in a very effective way with a number of advantages. With Terminator Emulator, you can arrange the Terminals in Grid and can work with a lot of Keyboard shortcuts and with an Enhanced Graphical user interface.
Key Features of Terminator Linux:
- The main advantage of this application is about Arranging the Terminals in a Grid.
- Switch through the terminals using the Tab option.
- Compared to the default emulator, it has a lot of Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Work Simultaneously on number of terminals
How to Install Terminator Linux on Ubuntu Unity 18.04.2 LTS:
In this section, we will see How to install the Terminator emulator on Linux Ubuntu Unity and Linux Mint and other Ubuntu based distros. Kindly follow the below steps. We have explained with images for easier understanding.
Open Terminal using the Shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
Kindly execute the installation command given below. Enter your Password if you are asked to authenticate the process.
Once the application is installed, you can access the Terminator Linux through All Applications.
Install Terminator Linux on Fedora based Distributions:
If you are using Fedora-based Linux Distributions then there is a small change in the terminal. Kindly follow the below command.
Getting Started with Terminator Emulator:
- Once the Terminator Emulator is launched, A Simple Right Click will do all the works.
- Right Click and select Split Horizontally to split the terminal horizontally.
- Do a Right Click and select Split Vertically to split the Terminal Vertically.
- You can manage the Encodings by doing Right Click and then Encodings.
- Create a New Tab and work switching between tabs.
- Apart from the above options, you can also Zoom and maximize terminal by just doing a Right Click.
- There are a lot more options available under the section Preferences. Kindly Check the above image to get the options available under preferences. You can edit and Enhance GUI Features of Emulator and using Keybindings, you can specify the Shortcuts and you can enable and disable a plugin using Plugins Tab. You can Access Preferences by doing Right Click on the Emulator –>Preferences.
- For High-level coders and Multi-taskers, this emulator will be the best one.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on what is Terminator Linux Emulator and methods to install this application on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.2 LTS and on Linux Mint and on other Ubuntu and Fedora based Distributions. If you have any Query or if you face any problem with following the above steps then Kindly Comment Us and we will get back to you with a solution ASAP.