What is UFW?
UFW: Uncomplicated Firewall is a program mainly designed to configure the firewall easily on the Unix based systems. UFW uses the command-line interface and you can configure the firewall using simple commands. In this article, we will discuss more on UFW Configuration and the installation guidelines as well.
- Installation Steps for UFW on Kubuntu
- Configure a Firewall with UFW
- Add Rules using UFW
- UFW – Available Options
- Remove/ Uninstall UFW from Kubuntu
Installation Steps for UFW on Kubuntu:
- Launch the Konsole else use the shortcut cut key CTRL+ALT+T to open the Konsole on your system.
- Copy the following command and execute it.
- Now, type your system password to authenticate the installation.
Configure a Firewall with UFW:
- Press the shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T to open the Konsole.
- Just copy and use the following commands to Configure a Firewall with UFW.
Check UFW status:
Use this below command to get a detailed status report.
Back to default settings:
Add Rules using UFW:
Copy the below mention commands and execute it on your Konsole.
Set Default Rules:
The ufw-default command is used to set the default settings to incoming and outgoing connections.
Add or Deny Connections:
You can add or deny connections by providing the port number or the service name.
To allow the incoming and outgoing connections from the SSH.
To deny both incoming and outgoing connections from port number 80.
Remove the Rules:
It will delete the added rule and denies the incoming and outgoing connection from the SSH.
UFW – Available Options:
- Go to the Konsole with the help of the shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T
- Execute the following help command on your Konsole.
Usage: ufw COMMAND Commands: enable enables the firewall disable disables the firewall default ARG set default policy logging LEVEL set logging to LEVEL allow ARGS add allow rule deny ARGS add deny rule reject ARGS add reject rule limit ARGS add limit rule delete RULE|NUM delete RULE insert NUM RULE insert RULE at NUM route RULE add route RULE route delete RULE|NUM delete route RULE route insert NUM RULE insert route RULE at NUM reload reload firewall reset reset firewall status show firewall status status numbered show firewall status as numbered list of RULES status verbose show verbose firewall status show ARG show firewall report version display version information Application profile commands: app list list application profiles app info PROFILE show information on PROFILE app update PROFILE update PROFILE app default ARG set default application policy
Remove/Uninstall UFW from Kubuntu:
- Launch the Konsole using the shortcut cut key CTRL+ALT+T to open the Konsole.
- Copy the below-mentioned command and use it.
- Enter the system password correctly to remove juju from your system.
We hope that in the above article we have mentioned the important commands and guidelines to configure the firewall settings using UFW and demonstrated the easy steps to Install, Launch and Remove the juju on Kubuntu 19.10. Don’t forget to mention your queries in the comment section and your valued suggestions are always welcome. Keep learning with us. Thank you for visiting our website Tec Robust!!