Thunderbird Linux: In this article, we will see How to Download and Install Thunderbird mail application for Linux on different Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and other Ubuntu-based Distros(Debian). Basically, Thunderbird is an Open Source Email client and as well as Chat Client with which you can perform a number of actions related to sending and receiving emails and chatting through emails and organizing your emails and as well as Create and Manage Contacts. Thunderbird for Linux was developed by Mozilla and this article will help you install Latest Version of Thunderbird Linux on Ubuntu Unity and other Linux Distros using different methods.
- Different methods to install this application on Linux
- Install Thunderbird mail for Linux Ubuntu using Terminal
- Download Thunderbird Linux using Ubuntu Software- GUI Mode
- How to Install Thunderbird Linux on Non-Debian Distros
- Advantages of Thunderbird Linux
- Getting started with Thunderbird for Linux on Ubuntu
- How to Make Thunderbird as default mail service on Ubuntu
- Get in Touch with Us
Different Methods to Install Thunderbird mail on Linux:
When it comes to Linux, there are a lot of Distributions and the most used among them will be Ubuntu based on Debian Distributions and other Non-Debian Distributions such as Fedora and more. Here we will see How to Install install this application on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and on Linux Debian Distributions and NonDebian distributions.
- Install Thunderbird mail using Terminal
- Download Thunderbird on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software(GUI)
- Install this application on Non-Debian Distributions
How to Install Thunderbird Linux using Terminal- Debian Distros:
The following are the commands that you have to use to install this application on Linux.
If you are a beginner then kindly refer the below steps and images for easy understanding. We have used Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS for steps and image references.
- Open Terminal using CTRL + ALT + T.
- Paste and run the following command. Kindly enter your Password if you are asked to authenticate the process using Password.
- That’s it. Now the application will be installed. You can start using the application by accessing it through All Applications.
Download and Install Thunderbird Linux on Ubuntu Unity- GUI mode:
If you are new to Linux and have installed Ubuntu Unity as your Operating system then this will be the most Easiest Method. Kindly follow the below steps.
- Go to All Applications.
- Search and Locate Ubuntu Software and Open it.
- Click on the Search Symbol that is available on the Top of the Window.
- A Search bar will appear now. Search for Thunderbird.
- Once you locate the application, Click on that and Choose Install.
- Kindly wait for the application to install.
- Once the installation is done, you can Launch the Thunderbird application.
How to Install Thunderbird on Fedora Based Linux Distros:
- Kindly open the Terminal.
- Now, run the following command.
Advantages and Latest Features in Thunderbird Linux:
- Mozilla recently released the Latest and Most Stable version of Thunderbird mail. Hence the application is up to date
- It supports different kinds of mail accounts such as POP, IMAP, Gmail.
- Setup Wizard of Thunderbird will help you to get started with it.
- The Latest version is faster and secure and hence hassle free.
- A lot of added features such as One click address book, Spam filter, Advanced Searches and a lot more will make it more comfortable using Thunderbird.
Getting Started with Thunderbird Mail on Linux:
When you open the application for the first time, you will be asked to Setup your Email Account. You have to specify your name and email address.
- You can also start a Chat with the help of Chat Wizard.
- You can add a lot of Addons, Themes, Plugins and more using the shortcut Display Thunderbird Menu –> Add-ons –> Add-ons.
- You can also manage your Address book by adding information about your existing contacts and as well as creating new contacts.
- Activity Manager will show the processes that are going on now currently on Thunderbird. You can access it using Display Thunderbird Menu –> Activity Manager.
Make Default Mail Service as Thunderbird mail on Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS:
- Click on All Applications.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the Left panel and locate Details. Click on that.
- Under Default Applications, Choose Thunderbird mail for mail service.
- That’s all. It is set to default on Ubuntu Unity.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides all the information on How to Download and Install Thunderbird Linux on different Linux Distros such as Ubuntu based, Fedora-based and also particularly on Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS. If you have a Query or if you face any difficulty in following the above steps then Kindly Comment Us and we will get back to you a with a solution ASAP.
Visit TECROBUST for more interesting articles on Linux.