Umbrello: Umbrello is a UML modelling tool and code generator, UML stands for Unified Modelling Language. Umbrello UML Modeller is a UML diagram editor for KDE. Umbrello helps to create diagrams of software and other systems in the industry-standard UML format. Umbrello can also generate code from UML diagrams in a variety of programming languages. Umbrello comes with KDE SC, included with every Linux distribution and available through the package manager and as an installer for Windows and Mac OS X. Umbrello is developed and maintained by company KDE- K Desktop Environment.
- Install Umbrello on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Umbrello on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch Umbrello on Ubuntu
- Remove Umbrello from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Umbrello
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Umbrello on Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Umbrello via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Umbrello.
Install Umbrello on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
- Search for Umbrello. Once you find the app, click on that.
- Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can Launch the Umbrello Ubuntu Application.
Launching Umbrello on Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Umbrello Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Permissions for Umbrello:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for Umbrello by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permissions available for Umbrello:
- Access files in your home folder.
- Play and record sound.
Remove Umbrello from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Umbrello via terminal.
- Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
- Execute the following command on the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Umbrello.
Remove Umbrello using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Umbrello in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Umbrello GUI.
Features of Umbrello:
- Various diagrams formats are supported efficiently.
- Graphics primitives are supported on all diagram types.
- UML icons are supported.
- Supports many scripting languages.
- Supports XMI 1.2 file import and export.
- Structural and behavior diagram models.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||16.4 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Umbrello from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo and on other Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint and more. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!