Vectr: Vectr is a powerful cross-platform graphics editor. It is a free graphics editor used to create vector graphics easily and intuitively. Vectr is widely used in the field of graphics for marketing, logotypes, icons, website UI designs, brochures or vector art. Vectr’s intuitive tools allow users to create beautiful graphic designs. User needs to sign up for a free account which is going to let sync user’s designs between web and desktop. Vectr requires an Internet connection to work. In the future, however, it will be capable of working offline too. With Vectr’s responsive GUI even a fresher can create graphics efficiently. Vectr is developed and maintained by a company named VectrLabs.
- Install Vectr on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Vectr on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch Vectr on Ubuntu
- Remove Vectr from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Vectr
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Vectr on Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Vectr via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Vectr.
Install Vectr on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
- Search for Vectr. Once you find the app, click on that.
- Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can Launch the Vectr Ubuntu Application.
Launching Vectr on Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Vectr Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Permissions for Vectr:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for Vectr by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permissions available for Vectr:
- Print documents.
- Access files in your home folder.
- Read system mount information and disk quotas.
- Play and record sound.
Remove Vectr from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Vectr via terminal.
- Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
- Execute the following command on the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Vectr.
Remove Vectr using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Vectr in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Vectr GUI.
Features of Vectr:
- Supports AI, EPS, SVG, PNG, JPEG files import.
- Easy to use pen tool.
- Easily add lines, circles, rectangles and manipulate them.
- Group layers, Corner radius, Create icons.
- Website UI designs, logotypes, brochures, banners.
- A unique shareable URL for every design.
- Post your designs to Facebook or Twitter.
- Cross-Platform – use Vectr on the web, or download to your desktop: Mac, Windows, Chromebook or Linux.
- Automatically save and sync your work in real-time, across all platforms.
- Open Roadmap – Vectr’s open roadmap is a living document where its community gets together to shape.
- Vectr’s basic graphics editor is free forever.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||95.6 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Vectr from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo and on other Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint and more. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page