VirtualBox 6.1.2 for Ubuntu: The team Oracle officially released the maintenance update to the latest VirtualBox 6.1 series. This release is mainly developed for Linux Kernel 5.5 version. Oracle released this 6.1.2 package for major Linux Distros such as “Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian & Open Suse Linux“. In this article, we will teach you that how to install the latest VirtualBox 6.1.2 version on Ubuntu systems.
- Download VirtualBox 6.1.2 on Ubuntu
- Install VirtualBox 6.1.2 on Ubuntu
- Launch VirtualBox 6.1.2 on Ubuntu
- What’s New in VirtualBox 6.1.2 Release
- Remove VirtualBox 6.1.2 on Ubuntu
Download VirtualBox 6.1.2 on Ubuntu:
VirtualBox 6.1.2 is available as the .deb package. You can directly download from the official VirtualBox website and run the installation without any commands.
- Open VirtualBox Official Website or download directly into your pc.
- Now under the “VirtualBox 6.1.2 for Linux” section, you may find all the Linux Distros
- As shown in the above image, you can select the VirtualBox package for your Ubuntu versions
- In a few seconds, the VirtualBox.deb package will be downloaded on your Ubuntu system.
Direct Download VirtualBox:
Install & Launch VirtualBox 6.1.2 on Ubuntu:
- Double tap the downloaded .deb package to initiate the installation process
- The VirtualBox installation popup will be appear on your screen as we shown in the below image
- You can find the version of the downloaded .deb package
- Now you need to click the Install button to initiate the installation process
- As you see, the installation process will be initiated
- Now you will be prompted to enter the password for secured boot & click the Next button to complete the installation process
- Once you entered your password for the secured boot then click the Next button
- Wait for a few seconds, the installation process will be completed.
That’s it. The latest version of VirtualBox 6.1.2 has been installed successfully on your Ubuntu system.
Launch VirtualBox 6.1.2 on Ubuntu:
You can find the VirtualBox app on the All Apps Menu.
- Open All Apps Menu
- In the search box, enter the phrase “VirtualBox“
- The app will appear on your screen
- Tap on it to launch the application.
You can find the version number 6.1.2 on the about section. If you see this version number and then you successfully installed the latest version of VirtualBox 6.1.2 on your Ubuntu PC.
What’s New in VirtualBox 6.1.2 Release:
- Improved resize and multi-monitor handling for virtual machines using VMSVGA
- The “do not disable a monitor in the middle” issue is still present in this release and it confuses users.
Remove VirtualBox 6.1.2 on Ubuntu:
You can remove the VirtualBox 6.1.2 latest release from your Ubuntu system by using the below command,
That’s it. Follow each step as we mentioned in this article and the latest version of VirtualBox will be installed on your Ubuntu 19.10 system. If you have any queries related to this article and then kindly comment us below.
For more articles, kindly visit our HomePage