Table of Contents:
- Install VS Code Editor using Mint Terminal
- Installation of VS Code from Official Portal
- Launch Visual Studio Code Application
- Remove/Uninstall VS Code Editor
Steps to Install VS Code Editor on Linux Mint:
1) Install VS Code Editor using Mint Terminal:
- Using a simple shortcut CTRL+ALT+T, you can open the Terminal on Linux Mint.
- You just need to run the below command on the Mint Terminal to install the VS Code editor. Enter your system password to verify the installation process.
2) Installation of VS Code from Official Portal:
In another way, you can install the VS Code editor from the official website.
- It is quite easy and effortless to install VS Code from the official portal.
- Go to the Visual Studio Code Official Page.
- Click on the download button of .deb extension.
- VS Code file will begin to download with .deb extension.
- Double click on the downloaded file.
- Then, you have to click Install Package. Enter your system password in order to verify the installation process.
- Now, the VS Code editor installed successfully in your system.
Launch Visual Studio Code Application:
Technique 1: VS Code Launch – Using Terminal
On the Mint Terminal, you have to enter code and click Enter to launch it.
Technique 2: Using Menu
- In your system, you have to click on Menu.
- Then, type Visual Studio Code in the search option.
- Click on VS Code App to launch it.
Remove/Uninstall VS Code Editor:
In order to remove/uninstall VS Code App, you just need to execute the following command on your Mint Terminal.
A Short Summary:
We hope that our article regarding the VS Code editor installation in Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia will be useful. In addition, we have described some simple ways of launch and remove/uninstall of VS code App. Install this free VS Code editor and enjoy its customizable features greatly. Kindly share your valuable comments/queries in the below section.