KeePassXC: KeePassXC is a free and open-source password manager. It was started as a community fork of KeePassX. User shouldn’t waste their time trying to remember and type their passwords. KeePassXC can store the passwords safely and auto-type them into their everyday websites and applications. It is a multi-platform application which can be run on Linux, Windows, and macOS. KeePassXC is developed and maintained by KeePassXC team and its full source code is published under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Install KeePassXC on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install KeePassXC on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch KeePassXC on Ubuntu
- Remove KeePassXC from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of KeePassXC
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install KeePassXC on Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the KeePassXC via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of KeePassXC.
Install KeePassXC on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
- Search for KeePassXC. Once you find the app, click on that.
- Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can Launch the KeePassXC Ubuntu Application.
Launching KeePassXC on Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the KeePassXC Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching KeePassXC Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “KeePassXC” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the KeePassXC icon so that it will be launched automatically.
KeePassXC new database creation:
Users who are using KeePassXC for the first time need to create a new database via Create a new KeePassXC database wizard.
Permissions for KeePassXC:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for KeePassXC by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permissions available for KeePassXC:
- Access files in your home folder.
- Access USB hardware directly.
- Read/write files on removable storage devices.
Remove KeePassXC from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the KeePassXC via terminal.
- Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
- Execute the following command on the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of KeePassXC.
Remove KeePassXC using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for KeePassXC in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the KeePassXC GUI.
Features of KeePassXC:
- KeePassXC database is always encrypted.
- Industry-standard AES encryption algorithm using a 256-bit key.
- KeePassXC uses a database format that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe.
- KeePassXC wallet works offline and requires no Internet connection.
- Efficient Auto-Type feature.
- Full source code is published under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Most safe and secure.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||100.2 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of KeePassXC from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo and on other Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint and more. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more article, Kindly visit our HomePage