LibreOffice: LibreOffice is the most powerful Free and Open Source office suite on the market. It includes the below applications.
- Writer (Word processing)
- Calc (Spreadsheets)
- Impress (Presentations)
- Draw (Vector graphics and flowcharts)
- Base (Databases)
- Math (Formula editing).
LibreOffice is a powerful office suite – its clean interface and feature-rich tools help you unleash your creativity and enhance your productivity. LibreOffice is a multiplatform application and it’s developed by the project of The Document Foundation. It was forked from OpenOffice.org in 2010, which was an open-sourced version of the earlier StarOffice.
- Install LibreOffice – Using Terminal
- Install LibreOffice – Using GUI
- Launch LibreOffice on Ubuntu
- Remove LibreOffice from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of LibreOffice
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install LibreOffice 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the LibreOffice Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of LibreOffice.
Install LibreOffice Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for LibreOffice. Once you find the app, click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the LibreOffice Ubuntu Application.
Launching LibreOffice Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the LibreOffice Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching LibreOffice Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “LibreOffice” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the LibreOffice icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Remove LibreOffice Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the LibreOffice Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Remove LibreOffice using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for LibreOffice in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the LibreOffice using GUI.
Features of LibreOffice:
- LibreOffice documents will look professional and clean and have a varied purpose of usage: a letter, a master thesis, a brochure, financial reports, marketing presentations, technical drawings, and diagrams.
- LibreOffice is compatible with a wide range of document formats such as Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), Excel (.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx) and Publisher.
- LibreOffice is Free and Open Source Software, available for everyone to use, share and modify, and produced by a worldwide community of hundreds of developers.
- In LibreOffice Online, the cloud-based version of the suite, the user interface has been simplified for mobile devices, with better responsiveness and updates to the on-screen keyboard.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||439.1 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of LibreOffice Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us.
For more article, Kindly Visit our HomePage