Linux Kernel 5.6: Greg KH Says the upcoming Linux Kernel 5.6 now supports USB 4.0 Version. USB 4.0 is the latest version has many new device supports, features and imporved security! The exact words from Greg KH are,
Kernel 5.6 Supports USB 4.0 & ThunderBolt Driver Support:
Greg KH says, new Linux Kernel comes with Thunderbolt driver support, USB 4.0 driver support and PHY patches.
Other Added Features Coming with Kernel 5.6:
- USB 4 initial support added
- Thunderbolt support added
- M-USB driver support added
- USB Gadget driver support added
- PHY driver updates & support
- USB PHY driver updates & support
- Major USB Serial bugs fixed
- USB Type-C drivers support
- USB-IP bugs fixed
- Minor USB driver supports and updated.
You can find more information on Greg KH mail.
Follow up the Git details here: Kernel 5.6 Git
USB Version Details:
|Specification||Throughput||Technical Name||Marketing Name|
|USB 4.0||40 GBPS||USB 4.0||Still Not Announced|
|USB 3.2||20 GBPS||USB 3.2 Gen 2*2||SuperSpeed USB 20 GBPS|
|USB 3.1||10 GBPS||USB 3.2 Gen 2||SuperSpeed USB 10 GBPS|
|USB 3.0||5 GBPS||USB 3.2 Gen 1||SuperSpeed USB|
Comment us below if you have queries related to the above news.