Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_Nxdomain Chrome Error in Ubuntu: This can be one of the very irritating errors one can face while using Google Chrome particularly while doing some important work. We will try to load a website and all we get is DNS probe finished nxdomain from Google Chrome. Though the error is hectic, fixing it on Linux Ubuntu is very simple and let us discuss that in this article.
How to fix DNS_Probe_Finished_Nxdomain error in Google Chrome in Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.10:
Let us get into the steps directly. We have explained each step with clear images for the easy understanding of the users.
- Go to the Ubuntu Terminal using the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- Now, we will open dhclient.conf file in the nano editor using the following command. You will be asked to enter the system password. Kindly enter your system password to authenticate the process.
- We have to add the following line in the dhclient.conf file. Refer to the following image.
- After making the changes, press CTRL + X to write out the changes.
- On Save modified buffer, press Y for Yes.
- On the File Name to Write, press Enter key without modifying the values.
- Finally, we will restart the Network manager using the following command.
- You can find your system’s network getting restarted.
- That is it. Go to Google Chrome and try loading the same website. You can find the site is loading!!
Get in touch with us:
The above article provides detailed information on how to fix dns_probe_finished_nxdomain in the Google Chrome web browser of Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.10 and other Ubuntu-based Distros. If you have any queries, please let us know in the comment section. For instant solutions, visit our Forum!!