Synaptic Package Manager Ubuntu: It is a full-featured GUI based Package manager for apt package management system. When it comes to Debian, the root of distros such as Ubuntu, and other Ubuntu-based Distros like Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Linux Mint and more, the most commonly used package manager is apt which is nothing but Advanced Packaging Tool. Generally, package managers take care of the install/Uninstall, update, configure computer software packages for an operating system(in our case, it is Linux). Synaptic Package Management system takes this process to the next level by providing a Graphical User Interface in the above process. In this article, let us check out the steps involved in the process of installing Synaptic Package Manager on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 19.04, and other Ubuntu-based Distros, and also on Debian.
- Install Synaptic Package Manager on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.04
- Launching Synaptic Package Manager on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Get Started with Synaptic Package Manager on Ubuntu
- How to Remove/Uninstall Synaptic Package Manager from Linux Ubuntu
- Get in Touch with us
Install Synaptic Package Manager on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.04:
- Kindly execute the following commands on the terminal to install Synaptic Package Manager on Linux Ubuntu.
- Kindly enter your system password when prompted to authenticate the installation process.
Launching Synaptic Package Manager on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS:
After the installation process is complete, the Synaptic Package Manager can be accessed from Show Applications.
- Run Synaptic Package Manager as Admin from Terminal.
- Launching it from Show Applications.
Run Synaptic Package Manager as Admin from Terminal:
Run the following command on the terminal to run Synaptic Package Manager as administrator.
Launching it from Show Applications:
- Click on Show Applications.
- Locate Synaptic Package manager from the applications list and open it.
Get Started with Synaptic Package Manager on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS:
Understanding Synaptic is very easy as the application is very organized. However, let us go through a simple tour of the Synaptic Package Manager on Linux Ubuntu covering the essential features of this application.
- Status Bar: It provides information on the number of apt packages listed and installed, information on broken files and files to be updated, and more.
- Left Pane: Here, you can find all the listed apt packages, local programs installed, packages waiting for an upgrade, residual configuration, and more.
- Center Pane: It provides information related to individual apt files and other files. It involves the package name, installed version, latest version, and more.
- Perform Bulk Upgrades: You can now perform a bulk upgrade using the Mark all upgrades option.
- Properties: Right Click on a file on the Synaptic and click on Properties. It will show a lot of information about the corresponding file.
Help Contents from Synaptic:
To get help contents from Synaptic, you can either press F1 key or use the path Help–>Contents.
How to Remove/Uninstall Synaptic Package Manager from Linux Ubuntu:
Get in Touch with us:
Usually, Linux Users are satisfied working on Terminal and hence it is really not a bothersome process for them working with the terminal and commands. However, Synaptic Package Manager is one of the effective package managers for handling apt through Graphical User Interface and the above article guides you through the installation process of Synaptic Package Manager on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS(Bionic Beaver), Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo), other Ubuntu-based Distros and also on Debian. If you have any Query with the above article, Kindly Comment it in the Comment section and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP. For instant solutions, Visit our Forum!!
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home page