TypeCatcher Ubuntu allows us to use different font styles for our Ubuntu PC. Finding font in the online is one of the most ridiculous job. TypeCatcher reduces the work by providing all the font styles in one place. Typecatcher has 100+ web fonts which includes Google fonts and allows us to download the fonts individually on your PC. In this article, we explained about installing the TypeCatcher Apt app on your Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and 19.04 PC.
- Installing TypeCatcher on Ubuntu
- Launching TypeCatcher on Ubuntu
- How To Use TypeCatcher
- Remove TypeCatcher
Installing TypeCatcher on Ubuntu:
TypeCatcher App is available for Ubuntu systems through the APT package. Follow the below instructions steps to download & install TypeCatcher on Ubuntu systems.
- Open Linux Terminal using CTRL + ALT + T
- Then copy the below command and paste the command in the terminal and execute.
- The installation process will ask you to enter the password of your system, provide your password to complete the installation process.
- You need to wait until the installation process gets completed.
That’s it, the above steps help you to install TypeCatcher application through the Linux Terminal. We suggest you use the Direct Installation method (which actually skip command mode).
Install Typecatcher Using Ubuntu Store GUI Method:
This method allows you to install Typecatcher app without using any command in Linux Terminal. Follow the instruction below:
- Click the below button to install TypeCatcher directly.
- A popup will appear on the screen and click the “Open xdg-open” option as shown in the below image.
- Now the installation wizard will appear on your screen and then click the Install option.
- Click the install and proceed with the installation process.
- The installation process will complete in a few seconds
That’s it. This is also the way to install the TypeCatcher app without using any commands in the terminal.
Launching TypeCatcher App:
You can launch the TypeCatcher application by using the below command in the terminal. Open the terminal and paste the command:
How To Use TypeCatcher:
The above command will launch the TypeCatcher application. The first appearance of the TypeCatcher app will be like:
The app contains a huge list of font styles in the left pane. Select the font that you want to download and click the “Download” button. Once it got downloaded, The “Green Right Tick” will appear on the right pane of the application.
If you want to remove the font, you can click the “Delete” button to delete the font from your Ubuntu system.
Remove TypeCatcher App:
You can remove the TypeCatcher application using the below command, Open Linux Terminal and paste the below command:
That’s it. TypeCatcher is the best application to download different custom and Google fonts inside an application. If you have any queries related to this topic and feel free to comment us below.
For more articles, kindly visit our HomePage