Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo): It’s been a long way yet a successful way for Ubuntu to its present day. Well, Ubuntu 18.04 is already performing better yet it’s time to take Ubuntu to the Next level and News about the New release of Ubuntu is already rocking the Web searches. In this article, we will see the features of the upcoming Stable Release of Ubuntu which is codenamed as Disco Dingo and other information related to it and not just that rather we will try out the Daily Build of Disco Dingo so that we can explore the new release more deeper. Let us get into the article.
- Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo(Stable)– Release Date
- What’s behind the Code name Disco Dingo?
- Key features of Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo)
- Updated Features of Ubuntu Terminal
- Information on Predefined Applications
- Default Applications on Ubuntu 19.04
- Try Ubuntu 19.04(Daily Build) without installing– Trending
- Get in Touch with Us
Ubuntu 19.04(Stable) & the reason behind its Code name:
Ubuntu 19.04(Stable) Release Date: 18 April 2019
However, Daily Build(Development Builds which can be unstable) versions of Ubuntu 19.04 is available on the Official Ubuntu with which users can try out Ubuntu 19.04 even without installing it.
What’s Behind the Code name of Ubuntu 19.04?
The Codename of Ubuntu 19.04 is Disco Dingo which seems really different. Dingo refers to a Native Australian Dog and by the term “Disco Dingo” it may mean “Partying Dog”. However, there is no official information from Ubuntu about the Codename of 19.04.
Key Features of Ubuntu 19.04 Code-named Disco Dingo:
- Extremely Fast: I have installed the Daily build version of Ubuntu 19.04 and used it. Trust me Guys, it is really fast and not just the operating system rather all the applications installed performs much better than 18.04.2 LTS.
- Improved UI: Graphics(User Interface) is greatly improved and the User Interface is more fluidic which makes it more convenient to use.
- Pre-defined Apps: Ubuntu 19.04 is loaded with a lot of predefined applications. Most of them are already available on Ubuntu 18.04 and they are carried to the latest release too. Few of them are Firefox Quantum, Libre Office and more.
- Terminal Update: Ubuntu Terminal is now updated and it comes with Multiple tabs option. Hence you can open multiple tabs just like we do in a Browser.
- Highlighted Point: Overall, as told in the first point, Ubuntu 19.04 is really very fast and you can literally feel it if you check out Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo. It is really going to be a great Feast for all Ubuntu Users and Supporters !!
Updated Features on ubuntu Terminal:
As you see in the above image, Terminal is now updated with Multiple tabs option with which you can work on multiple processes on the same terminal window by switching the tabs. This option is similar to Multiple Tabs option on the Web Browsers and it is really useful.
Information on Predefined Applications on Ubuntu Disco Dingo:
The following are the key applications that come pre-loaded with Ubuntu 19.04.
Firefox Quantum(Web Brower App):
As you know, Firefox Quantum, the fastest Web Browser and also one of the most reliable and most stable browsers on the market, Ubuntu 19.04 comes with Firefox Quantum as its default Web Browser.
Libre Office which is one of the Best Alternative for Microsoft Office is now a predefined Office Suite on Ubuntu 19.04. The Package includes the following apps.
- Writer- Word Processor
- Calc- Spreadsheet Program
- Impress- Presentation Program
- Draw- Vector Graphics Editor
Libre Office can be really useful because it supports major Office Suite’s file formats which includes Microsoft.
Password & Keys:
With Password & Keys, now you can able to manage a lot of Password and Key related options such as Secure Shell Keys, GPG Keys, Private Key, Password Keyring and a lot more.
Ubuntu Software is now updated with new User Interface and works faster. Ubuntu Software is available from Ubuntu 16.04 & Higher versions which provide users a Graphical Interface to install their apps and manage their apps. Simply, it is similar to the Google Play Store or App Store of Apple. This application will be really useful for Linux Beginners.
Default Applications on Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo):
How to try Ubuntu 19.04 Daily Build Version without installing:This is the most interesting section of this article and it is because you can literally use Ubuntu 19.04 Daily Build even without installing it. Kindly follow the below steps to get to know about How to make a Bootable Ubuntu 19.04(Daily Build) using Windows 10 so that you can try it without installing it on your system.
- Download the Disk Image file(iso) of Ubuntu 19.04(Daily Build) from Official Ubuntu.
- Now, we have to install Rufus. Download it from Official Rufus
- Open Rufus and connect your USB Stick. Rufus will automatically find your USB Stick.
- Under the Boot Selection menu, Click on the Select Option and search for the iso image of Disco Dingo that you have downloaded on the first step and select it.
- Don’t alter any other values and options on Rufus and finally click on Start.
- Now, Rufus will give you a Warning message. In that, choose the default value which is “Write in ISO Image mode(Recommended)” and click OK.
- One more warning will appear stating that the USB Stick will be formatted and hence contents on that will be lost. Kindly take back up of files of the USB Stick and finally click OK.
- Now the process will be started and you can check the status of the process in the bottom Status bar.
- Once the process is complete then the USB Stick is a Bootable USB Stick that contains Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo(Daily Build).
- Restart your system.
- in case you are using Windows, then press F2 or F12 to get the option Boot from USB and once the USB loads, Choose the option “Try without Installing“.
- If you are using Mac products such as Mac Mini or Macbook, then restart your Mac and press and hold the option key(alt key in windows). Then you can choose EFI Boot and finally, you can choose the option “Try without Installing“.
Now, you are all set to try out the Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo without installing it.
Get in Touch with Us:
We hope you got enough information about the upcoming Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo) and its features and other related information from this article. Moreover, if you want to check out the daily build version of Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo even without installing it then it is also possible and we have provided the steps for that also. If you have any Query then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP.