WireGuard is now in Linus Tree: Recently, WireGuard founder said that he gonna merge the WireGuard with main line Linux Kernel 5.6. Yesterday (29-Jan-2020), Linus Torvalds announced the Wireguard & Linux Kernel 5.6 will be merged! You can found this message on his blog.
The exact words are,
WireGuard- Quick Brief!
WireGuard is a simple open-source application that provides Virtual Private Network techniques to create a secure point connection!
Many VPN providers adopting the Wireguard technique to provide the most secure VPN service!.
Linux Kernel 5.6- Added Features:
- WireGuard technique added
- HE and TWT support to ath11k driver added
- ESP in TCP encapsulation support added
- variable window congestion control to TIPC added
- BCM84881 PHY driver added
- NetLink support for ethtool operations added
- XDP drop and TX action support to ena driver added
- New ipv4 route notifications so that mlxsw driver added
- BPF dynamic program extensions added
- RX and TX timestamping in igc added support
- macsec HW offloading supports
- initial support for MPTCP protocol added
- Octeontx2 PF support added
News Source: Linus Blog
That’s it. If you have any queries related to this new and then kindly comment us below!